Thursday 23 February 2012

Experiements

Ok so an update...

In order to become a textiles surface designer in a studio in this generation I must learn the fundamentals of photoshop- however reluctant I may have been in the past it seems it is the only way to acheive my colour scheme and shading within printed textiles, also every studio uses the software and an inability to use it will not get me noticed...


So I need to bring my drawings into print and my level of detail. I have begun designing some repeats by hand and doing some tutorials from digital print publications. I am currently working on repeating my drawing sheets, as a starting point.


Here is the first repeating print by hand and I will keep you updated on the my digital progress- My aim to is combine digital print, screen print, layering of fabrics (imitating my paper cuts) and using the embroidery of my paper cuts for further embellishments. The first creative moduole is all about experimenting so my goal is to experiment with all of these disciplines. But first I must tackle photoshop...


Anyway first repeat by hand, honest opinions welcome,

No comments:

Post a Comment