Tuesday 23 July 2013

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers!

Placement Ideas: Looking at repeating my design, changing the scale and the colour slightly. 

The design: created using a background of inks and gouache with a screen printed swirl print and hand drawn pencil crayon flowers. I really wanted to have a flower design within my collection that were extremely over sized and aesthetically dynamic.

Placement Ideas: Looking at mirroring the flowers, how will the design work as a repeat? 

I created this design looking at a trend about concealed prints using tracing paper to make the design hazy/foggy. Beneath the outlined flowers are vivid stripes concealed by tracing paper. I really wanted to create a repeat with this design however the design process led me in this direction with a large placement as the final outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment