Tuesday 29 March 2011

Fashion Embroidery and Stitch!

Ok so college is over the big world beckons... The good people of Madeira selected me to show my work at the Fashion, Embroidery and Stitch show at the NEC in Birmingham and I had an amazing time. I met some great people including Lucy Turnbull, Sarah Brockbank and her mother Julie and Sue Geldeard who were the other designers chosen by Madeira. I gained some interest from embroiderer's Guild who have contacted me to give a talk in Hull in 2012- not immediately sure what I'll actually give a talk about however it's all experience! I was also given a lead on some work experience at Liberty's in London and was offered some commission work from whom I'm still not sure lol she was in a rush and I was slightly flabergasted by her approach! Now I knew that when the great and almighty ;'Hobby Craft' (they also had a show on at the same time as FES) came to Teesside Park there was a big following but I was totally unaware of just how large that following was! I have never in my life seen so many craft people in one place going crazy for everything craft! Myself and the other girls had such a good time and learnt alot from the experience. I had some really positive feedback and just like to say a huge thank you to all the people who complimented my work and to everyone at Madeira for choosing me for this experience! I'm also working on creating an Etsy shop following the comments made at FES! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment